FAQs About Colorado Land & Zoning Laws

Does Your Firm Represent Residential, Commercial Clients, Or Both?

E. Michael Hoffman P.C. accepts all real estate law cases including residential, commercial, industrial, and farm and ranch clients.

Do You Help With Real Estate Purchases or Sales?

We provide trusted legal counsel for both buyers and sellers in real estate transactions.

I Want To Create a New Residential or Commercial Development. Do I Need To Retain A Real Estate Law Attorney?

Though you are not required by law to retain a real estate law attorney for development or redevelopment projects, it is best to receive guidance from someone intimately acquainted with the laws which govern the development process and the limits of governmental authority.

We provide consulting, contract drafting, transaction support, and all of the other legal services you may need to fully realize the potential of your vision for the property you plan to develop.

Are All HOA Owners Required To Observe the Rules & Policies Set Forth in the CCRs or Declaration?

Yes. When you purchase property, including a condominium, in a development with an HOA, you are legally obligated to abide by the rules and procedures established in the CCRs or Declaration. Failure to do so may incur unpleasant consequences and expensive fines.

We can help you navigate any issues and resolve them before the situation becomes dire. Likewise, we will inform prospective homeowners whether the property they plan on buying is a member of the local homeowners’ association.

Is It Possible To Have A Property Rezoned For Other Land Use Purposes?

In many cases, yes. We can help you submit a zoning application for a specific property or building and use our resources to mount a compelling and successful argument in favor of a new building or use of your property.

What Areas Of Colorado Does Your Firm Serve?

We serve clients in the Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen, Basalt, and Carbondale) and further west – in Montrose, Delta, Olathe, Ridgway, Ouray, and Grand Junction.

Do We Have To Meet In Person Or Does Your Firm Offer Meeting Format Alternatives?

We are flexible. If an in-person meeting is inconvenient, we can chat via phone or online.

I See That Your Firm Was Established Only A Few Years Ago. Are You Experienced?

Though we understand the hesitation some people have concerning retaining a relatively “new” law firm, we can assure you of our qualifications.

Principal attorney Michael Hoffman has been practicing law for over 25 years and worked for many years at other firms and in the finance and banking industry.

Can I Pay My Invoice Online, Or By Cash Or Check?

We prefer that our clients pay their invoices online via the LawPay online billing system, but checks are also accepted.

What Are The E. Michael Hoffman, P.C. Hours Of Operation?

Our firm is available for appointments Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00. We occasionally accept meetings with clients outside of those hours by request.

Schedule a Consultation!